In the ever changing world of the Pac 12 Conference this football season, Week 8 sees some wholesale changes to the Power 6 in the Conference of Champions. As always, this is a week to week poll that is very subjective…
1.Washington State-The Cougs welcomed ESPN Game Day and the Oregon Ducks to the Palouse on Saturday both were huge wins for Wazzu. Mike Leach’s team was picked 4th in the Pac 12 North in the Preseason Media Poll. They are currently the best team in the North and the Pac 12 overall.
2. Washington-A week after losing to the Ducks at Autzen, Chris Petersen’s team bounced back with a 27-13 win over Colorado at home. It may come down to the Apple Cup in late November to determine the best team in the North. The Husky’s head to Cal this weekend.
3. Utah-The Utes made it three straight wins Saturday night by pounding USC 41-28 in a game that wasn’t all that close. Utah playing it’s best football of the year are now in control of their own destiny to win the Pac 12 South.
4. Stanford-Don’t count the Cardinal out in the North just yet. They bounced back with a road win at Arizona State on Friday night. Stanford is 3-1 in Pac 12 Play with a big match up against UW next week.
5. Oregon-A week ago the Ducks were riding high after a home win over UW. This week they fall down the poll with their 34-20 at Wazzu. Oregon is 2-2 in Pac 12 Play.
6. USC-The Trojans are reeling right now. Though 3-2 in Pac 12 Play, they were humbled by Utah and may be down their Top Two Quarterbacks this week against the Sun Devils.
Subscribe to ESPN700's News!
Get the latest sports news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.