The NET unveils new ranking system.
The NCAA Evaluation Tool (The NET, which is cool with the KIDS) ranks Utah State #37, the highest Utah program in the rankings first reveal. USU (5-1) owns the state’s best win, 80-63 over St Mary’s.
Here are where the rest of the programs in the state come in:
- Southern Utah (3-1) #84 – Best win against Seattle
- BYU (5-2) #94 – Best win against Utah Valley
- Utah (3-3) #169 – Best win against Grand Canyon
- Utah Valley (4-3) #181 – Best win against Long Beach State
- Weber State (3-2) #219 – Best win against Central Michigan
The NET replaced the RPI as the main sorting tool for the NCAA. It relies on game results, strength of schedule, game location, scoring margin, net offensive and defensive efficiency, and the quality of wins and losses.
What are the NET Rankings?
Here’s EVERYTHING you need to know. Be on the lookout for the first release 👀 pic.twitter.com/kdZwDEjFPS
— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) November 26, 2018