Three weeks into the College Football Season and we are beginning to get a clearer picture of how things look in the Pac 12 Conference. Needless to say, they look much better in the North than they do in the South right now. After Week 3, it appears the strength of the Conference of Champions lies in the North, though as always this is a weekly poll and things can change quickly. Right now the North has four teams without a loss, while the South has just one, Colorado.
Here’s this week’s ranking of the Power Six in the Pac 12…
1. Stanford-After two tough opening opponents, David Shaw’s team caught a break with UC-Davis and while they didn’t dominate they were solid in a 30-13 win. Stanford is up to 7th in the latest AP Poll and will get their biggest challenge to date this Saturday in Eugene.
2. Washington-The only team in the poll with a loss, but clearly very very good. I got see them first hand on Saturday night. The best way to describe Chris Petersen’s squad is “sound” in all phases. I don’t think it’s his best team, but they are very good and maybe the best in the League when its all said and done.
3. Colorado-The only undefeated team in the Pac 12 South. Beating New Hampshire over the weekend isn’t why they are here. Rather the fact that they have a P-5 win and a high powered offense.
4. Oregon-Still without a P-5 win so far this year and some struggles with San Jose State last Saturday, which might have been because they were looking ahead to this week’s meeting with Stanford. We’ll find out a ton about the Ducks this week
5. Cal-Justin Wilcox’s team is undefeated at 3-0 and now on a bye week. It’s next game will be its biggest test in 2 weeks when they host Oregon.
6. Washington State-The Pirate of the Palouse has his team 3-0 and have apparently found a QB in Gardiner Minschew. This Friday night they’ll face a talented and desperate USC squad in LA.
As always this is a week to week poll and not a projection….Subject to change next Monday…
Subscribe to ESPN700's News!
Get the latest sports news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.