CFP contending Oregon visits Salt Lake City on Saturday evening to take on the South leading Utes in a raucous Rice-Eccles Stadium. The storylines are aplenty as the Utes expect a 69th consecutive sellout, look for Whittingham’s all-time wins record and hope to spoil the Ducks lofty postseason goals.
- Pregame coverage with Porter Larsen + Isaac Asiata on ESPN700 at 1:30pm MT
- Bill Riley, Scott Mitchell + Stevenson Sylvester take over at 3:30pm MT
- No. 3 Oregon @ No. 23 Utah kicks off at 5:30pm MT on ESPN700 and ABC
HOME SWEET HOME
Utah is 104-36 (.743) in Rice-Eccles Stadium (1998-present), recording its 100th win in the historic stadium in 2020. Utah is 76-25 in RES during the Kyle Whittingham era, including three undefeated home seasons in 2008 (6-0), 2009 (6-0) and 2019 (7-0). Utah has won 17 of its last 18 home games, which includes a streak of 11 in a row from Oct. 6, 2018 – Nov. 30, 2019. The Utes won the last meeting between the two teams in Rice-Eccles Stadium with Utah defeating the Ducks 32-25 in 2018.
FOLLOW the UTES!
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates during games on social media by following the Utes on Twitter (@Utah_Football | @UtahAthletics) and Instagram (@UtahFootball | @UtahAthletics). Fans can also search #GOUTES and #UBOYZ on social media for conversations about Utah Football throughout the season.
• With a win, Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham would become the all-time wins leader at Utah, passing Ike Armstrong (141-55-15, 1925-49).
• With a win, Utah would improve to 7-1 in conference play for the second time since joining the conference (8-1 in 2019).
• Utah has scored 15 of its 27 rushing touchdowns (58%) in the last four games.
• Utah is the only team in the Pac-12 to rank in the top five across all defensive and offensive categories.
• Utah ranks first in the Pac-12 and is 19th in the FBS in scoring offense (35.7).
Utah scores first on a 10 yard run by Tavion Thomas. Utes lead 7-0 in the 1st
#23 Utah leads #3 Oregon 7-0 after one quarter of play at Rice-Eccles Stadium
Cam Rising 1 yard TD run. Utes lead 14-0 late in the 1st half
Tavion Thomas scores his 16th TD run! That’s the most rushing TD’s in a single season in program history!
Britain Covey scores a 78 yard punt return TD! Utah leads 28-0 going into halftime
Utah puts together a dominant 2nd quarter. Outscoring Oregon 21-0 heading into the halftime locker room
Oregon ducks score their first TD of the game. Utes lead 28-7 in the 3rd quarter
Tavion Thomas extends Utah’s lead to 35-7 in the 3rd quarter
Utah continues their dominance in the 3rd. They lead 35-7 going into the 4th
The final call of Utah’s upset over #3 Oregon to clinch another Pac-12 South title
The Utes clinch their 3rd Pac-12 South title in the last 4 seasons on Kyle Whittingham’s program record 142nd win at Utah. They upset #3 Oregon 38-7 at Rice-Eccles Stadium
Subscribe to ESPN700's News!
Get the latest sports news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.