Wheels up to Waco! The Utes take to Texas for a bout with future Big 12 foe Baylor on Saturday, Sept. 9 in Waco. The game is set for a 10 a.m. MT kickoff on ESPN700 | 92.1 FM + ESPN(TV).
6am: Utes Gameday pregame show with Porter Larsen + Nate Orchard
8am: Bill Riley, Scott Mitchell + Stevenson Sylvester take over from McLane Stadium
10am: kickoff of No. 12 Utah @ Baylor from Waco, TX
Coach Kyle Whittingham – Postgame Interview
QB Nate Johnson – Postgame Interview
LB Lander Barton – Postgame Interview
LB Levani Damuni – Postgame Interview
RB Jaylon Glover – Postgame Interview
S Cole Bishop – Postgame Interview
Utah beats Baylor in Waco 20-13 – Full Game Highlights
Utah beats Baylor 20-13 in the 4th Quarter
Jaylon Glover scores a TD run to take the lead in the final seconds of the 4th quarter
Nate Johnson scores Utah’s first TD in the 4th quarter of play – score 13-13
Baylor maintains their lead of 13-6 after three quarters of play
Baylor leads 10-3 going into halftime
Baylor scores the first TD in the 2nd quarter – Baylor leads 9-3
The Utes and Baylor are scoreless after the first quarter of play
FOLLOW the Utes!
Fans can get behind the scenes views and live updates throughout the 2023 season on social media and online at www.UtahUtes.com. The Utes are active on Twitter (@Utah_Football), Instagram (@UtahFootball), Threads (@UtahFootball), Facebook (Search Utah Football) and Tik Tok (@Utah_Football).
Utah is 30-4 in regular season non-conference games since joining the Pac-12 in 2011 and is 21-0 at home during that era.
• Utah’s season-opener against Florida marked the first time in Utah’s Pac-12 era that it has opened back-to-back seasons against a Power Five opponent.
• It is also the first time since 2004 that the Utes have opened the season with back-to-back Power Five non-conference opponents.
• Head Coach Kyle Whittingham is set to coach in his 356th overall game at Utah and his 230th as head coach on Saturday.
• Utah is 72-54-4 all-time against the current members of the Big 12 with Baylor and Utah facing off for the first time.
• Utah’s game against Baylor will mark the 530th road game in program history with Utah holding a 256-261-12 record, including going 15-10 on the road in the last five seasons.
• The Utes are 13-1 in season openers under Whittingham after their win over Florida at home in week one.
• Utah entered the season ranked No. 14 in the preseason AP and Coaches Poll, the fifth straight year the Utes have started the season ranked.
• Head coach Kyle Whittingham (19th year) is the longest-tenured coach in the Pac-12 and the second-longest tenured coach at the same school in the FBS.
• The Utes have posted a winning record in nine straight seasons, dating back to 2014. Utah has finished with a winning season in 16 of Whittingham 18 years as head coach.
• Utah became the third team in Pac-12 Conference history to win back-to-back Pac-12 Championship games (2021, 2022).
• The Utes landed a league-high six student-athletes on the preseason All-Pac-12 team (Keaton Bills, OL; Cole Bishop, S; Brant Kuithe, TE; Sataoa Laumea, OL; Karene Reid, LB; Junior Tafuna, DT).