4 Days away from Utah and Fresno State and here’s an inside look at Utah and Fresno by the numbers…
1. With a win on Saturday, Kyle Whittingham will tie Ron McBride for 2nd all time in Coaching wins at Utah with 88. Whittingham has done it in his 11th season, while McBride did it in 13. Ike Armstrong has the most head coaching wins in Utah history with 141 in 25 seasons. Whittingham holds a slight edge in winning percentage over Armstrong at 72.5%, Armstrong sits at 71.9%.
2. Devontae Booker is 18th on Utah’s all time rush list with 1701yds. He will in all likelihood pass Dameon Hunter, Matt Asiata and Quinton Ganther on Saturday at Fresno State to move to 15th all time rushing.
3. Utah ranks 89th in the NCAA in passing yardage per game after 2 games at (170yds/gm) and ranks 73rd in rushing yards at (162yds/gm) after 2 games.
4. Fresno State ranks 86th in passing yards per game after 2 games (185yds/gm) and ranks 57th in yards rushing per game (194yds/gm) after 2 games.
5. Utah leads the Pac 12 in turnover margin after 2 games at (+5). The Utes are tied for 3rd in the NCAA
6. Utah ranks 1st in the Pac 12 against the run giving up just (96.5yds/gm) which ranks 26th in the NCAA.
7. Utah ranks 2nd in the Pac12 in Interceptions and 3rd in the NCAA with 5 after 2 games.
8. Utah is converting 33% of their third downs this season, while opponents are at 45% after 2 games.
9. Fresno State had 16 possessions against Ole Miss in their 73-21 loss.
4-Turnovers-(2 picks for Touchdowns)
3-Turnovers on downs
1-End of Game
10. Fresno State Defense vs. Ole Miss
1-End of Game